Director of Content, Messaging & Communications (Core Unit)
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and gets measurable results from online marketing. Semrush offers insights and solutions for companies to build, manage, and measure campaigns across various marketing channels.
With over 45 tools within the software and search data for 140 countries, Semrush provides solutions for in-house marketing teams and agencies working with clients in any industry. Semrush is an absolute leader in helping good marketers become great!
This position is open in our Core Unit Product Marketing Team. The Core Unit is one of the company's priority areas and includes all the SEO tools used by leading SEO experts worldwide. We are in rapid growth mode and require a highly qualified, experienced Director of Content, Messaging & Communications.
As a Director of Content, Messaging & Communications, core unit product marketing, you will build and lead a new team responsible for developing product content strategy, messaging, and communications strategy to inform and educate core marketing content.
This is a highly cross-functional role in which you’ll get to work closely with executive stakeholders globally.
- Own Core Unit product marketing content, messaging and communications vision and execution
- Own annual and quarterly go-to-market core unit, data and product-driven content strategy, planning and management
- Ownership, development and responsible for the setting of core unit product content, messaging & communications marketing goals, roadmaps and metrics
- Own and manage Core Unit marketing content calendar and capacity of the team to manage and deliver
- Own quarterly and monthly reviews and report the Core Unit marketing content assets and content quality and performance
- Be responsible for quality, terminology and adhering to brand guidelines and TOV
- Own and define your team’s structure, roles and responsibilities
- Build a social media audience engagement strategy for core unit marketing around product releases, solutions, and campaigns whilst working closely with the brand social media team
- Define strategy for influencer involvement for core unit product marketing and work with the influencer team to deliver.
- Manage internal & external suppliers / agency partnerships
- Develop collaborative cross-unit frameworks and processes
- Build strong communications and collaborative relationships with other core unit marketing directors and equivalent level marketing colleagues in other units, specifically internal online reputation management, SMM and SEO teams
- Clearly define and manage expectations and deliverables with other teams
- 10+ years of content and communication management experience, specifically with building a team and management of internal and external agency relationships
- 10+ years content strategy experience and developing short to long-form campaigns content, including ad copy through to white papers, studies and blogs that deliver on quality and agreed on content metrics
- 7+ years team management experience
- 7+ years of experience in data-driven content strategies and end to end measuring of content success metrics
- Exceptional attention to quality and detail
- Good understanding of digital marketing channels and which content type and messaging drive results in each respective channels
- Expert in delivering compelling content and campaigns
- A strong understanding of the digital marketing industry
- Experience and knowledge of the Semrush platform, products and solutions are an advantage
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Dynamic, adaptable and familiar with the agile culture
• Medical, Dental and Vision Care
• 401(k) plan with Dollar for Dollar company match up to 3% and an additional 50% match on the next 2% you contribute- for a total of 4% company matching funds- EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS ARE FULLY VESTED FROM DAY ONE!
• Short Term & Long Term Disability
• Life Insurance
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.